Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Spicy Peanut Noodles

I was really wanting spicy Asian food - so I made my own - you can too ...

What you need:
Asian low mein noodles (I use 1/2 of a small box of dried noodles, but if you can get the ‘real’ fresh noodles, that would be perfect)
2 cups shredded, pealed cucumbers
3 Tablespoons chopped green onions
sauce:
2 Tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
6 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger root
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon chili oil
pepper and salt
...
Basically, just combine all the sauce ingredients (I use a handy dressing mixer thing - see left) and poor over the noodles. Mix in the cucumbers and onions. refrigerate. eat. yum.

No comments: