Monday, January 19, 2009

Cheese Spaghetti al Katy

Cheese spaghetti al Katy
This is my Grandma Katy's recipe. I rememer her making it for Caitlyn and I when we were little and we'd visit her. I liked it then and I like it now.

What you need:
1/2 box angel hair spaghetti pasta
about 1.5 inches cut off a Velveeta block, cubed
3 cubes chicken bullion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp butter
milk (i forgot to measure ... maybe about a cup or two?)
salt/pepper

What you do:
Prepare pasta. drain. Return to pan. Pour milk into pasta, just under the pasta level (more if you like it soupier, less if you like it thicker). Add Velveeta, chicken bullion, garlic powder and butter. Mix well, and heat on low. When Velveeta is melted, taste and add salt/pepper as needed. eat.

Dakota Growers Pasta Co.

As part of the recipe, I'm plugging Dakota Growers Pasta Co. pasta. Aside from how great it tastes (super good) it's made right here in North Dakota (Carrington, ND to be exact). Anytime we make something with pasta we try to use this kind. Doesn't that look like Corey and I workin' the field, harvesting wheat?
No you say?
Well I think it does.

No comments: